Well it’s been a little over two weeks since I arrived to Rome and I feel so at home that it’s scary. People continue to make me laugh even though I don’t understand them 80% of the time, although I’m getting a little better. I find myself making friends just about everywhere I go. On my walk from my apartment to studio I always get greeted by a man who stands in alley way of his restaurant or every time I sit somewhere to sketch I end up talking to someone . I could go on and on but there that would take up all my blog space. I’m just trying to make a point that people here are awesome.
Anyways….I went to the pantheon a few times this week one during the Pentecost, Where we stood on our sore feet from the tour of the prior day, for about 2hrs to see hundreds of rose petals fall from the oculus. It has been by far the coolest ceremony I have ever witnessed. I’m already a little obsessed with the pantheon, perhaps a little too much. So being there with see this ceremony take place really meant a lot to me. It made me realize how blessed I am to be in Rome. Not everyone has the privilege to take such an extraordinary trip like I am. People I talk to here tell me all the time, that they wish they had the chance to visit another country. So I am more than grateful to be here.
This week I visited the Coliseum, the Roman forum, amazing basilicas, the Mediterranean sea, I got a nice tan line and the had best gelato in the world. How can my life seriously get any better?!
No comments:
Post a Comment