Wow I can’t quite decide how to go about writing in this blog yet; I have so many thoughts running through my head and don’t know how to quite write them all down. Well here goes… In the midst of this amazing environment that I’m surrounded by, I can’t help but to think how could life get any better? I've spent only one week in Trastevere, Roma and I feel like I've been here for only a day. There is so much to soak in; everywhere I look there is something new I never noticed before. I do feel pretty comfortable in this part of town but at the same time I still a little out of place not understanding the language…although, getting around hasn’t been too bad, Well with the help of a map of course.
Living in Rome for this last week has already changed my perspective of life; I’ve gotten but a snippet of how life can be better when you take life a little slower. I absolutely love the People here. They are teaching me so much just by the way they live their lifes. People for the most part are humble, energetic, personable, helpful and pretty funny to watch them interact. I laugh everyday about something that I see on the streets, in restaurants, anywhere really. This week I’ve done so much but so little at the same time, if that makes sense. The Pantheon takes my breath away every time I visit. I’m not going to lie, I might have gotten a little emotional the first time I saw it and when I start to talk about it with people I have to hold in my emotions. I can’t help to think about the construction of it, the hard work individual’s put it to the intricate details, the historical events this and other structures have witnessed. What especially gets me is that I have become part of its history. Architecture truly does tell stories about who we were and who we are today. I know I sound like an architecture nerd, but I’m ok with that. I love this city, its’ history, it’s people and I’m looking forward to the many experiences Rome has in store for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment