May 27, 2012


Week One In Rome: Coming to an End...



"Rome… Non Basta una Vita." I finally understand the full meaning of a lifetime is not enough here, because there is so much to see, so much to do, and so much culture here. In all reality, Rome has been simply amazing the first week and I’m sure its only going to get better as the weeks go on. This is the first time I have been out of the United States, so upon arrival I didn’t know what to expect and nothing could have prepared me. All I can say is, I instantly fell in love with the city as I exited the train station in Trastevere. The architecture here is so overwhelming and amazing. It’s unlike anything I have ever seen, or that we have in the United States. I feel like I’m always discovering something new as I walk around the city, which is how I’ve mainly been spending my free time. Wondering and observing the city has been really fun, because I’m really intrigued with the culture and architecture of Rome and what makes the city work. I’m excited to get more acquainted with the city in the weeks to come, because I want to truly understand how it works and how it was developed. I honestly believe this might be the best city in the world and I’m excited to spend the next seven weeks here. In the short period of time that I have been here I have learned more then I ever thought possible, which has been very exciting. I can’t say what my favorite part has been so far, because its all been so great, but I can say I’m excited to continue my schooling here for the remaining seven week and improve my skills in sketching, gain a greater knowledge of the architecture in Roma and learn more about the history of this beautiful city.  

No comments: