May 24, 2012

ROMA: Week 1


Sofar my experience in Rome has been beyond incredible. It’s interesting how this setting can change your outlook, socially and scholastically, in such a short amount of time. I admire how welcoming and genuinely kind Italians are. I don’t often feel like a belittled tourist; I’m welcomed with open arms, thus making my experience even more enjoyable. The architecture and overall city is overwhelming with beauty, history, and inspiration, making it impossible to go to sleep or even be in our apartment for an extended period of time. I've been lucky enough to visit the Pantheon 4 times, and it never gets old! Every time I visit it it takes my breath away and is almost hypnotizing in its beauty. It is impossible to sum up what I’ve done and learned here sofar, but I am certain that within the next few weeks I’ll learn about this city, its culture and architecture, as well as improve my artistry and expand my knowledge of architecture. 

No comments: