We have been in Rome a little over one week, and we have visited/done so many wonderful and unimaginable things. I can only imagine what we will do in the next seven weeks!
I am starting to get in to the rhythm of things, and learning my way around. This weekend I have tried going out to find something in the city by myself, like the Trevi Fountain or the pantheon, without looking at the map. Each time I have got lost, but I think it is helping me remember where things are, at least I hope. But I can always find my way back to our apartment without a problem:)
This morning we woke up early and went to the pantheon for the Pentecost. It was beyond words amazing, and completely worth standing for 2+ hours. Although I did not understand what was being said, the music and singing was very beautiful. The finale with the rose petals was unreal; there were so many rose petals and they fell for minutes. It was really nice because I was able to take photos of it, and still had time to watch it with my own eyes, and not through my camera lens. I hope to one day come back and watch it again.
Even though we have only been in Rome for 9 days now, I feel like I have already learned so much. I am starting to understand the culture a little better, and have learned a few new phrases and words. I have decided that my inspirational quote for the summer is, "you will never remember the days where you got a full nights sleep".
Until next week, arrivederci
Katie Kilty
May 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment