Being in Rome is truly a gift! I could never really explain the true experience that we are all having. Before arriving in Rome I knew to expect something different, but I wasn’t sure what exactly it was going to be. Everyone that is back at home tells me how lucky I am to be here, and I am sooo lucky! There are some people that have no idea what they would get from living in a different country. Some people just say that they can see these famous places in a book or online, which is true, but not the real experience that taken from being here. We are living Rome. We are living Italy. Every little thing is just something to take back home. It’s the culture, the everyday life that is going to be the biggest part I take back with me. One thing that I love here is all of the different languages. Every day we go places and hear so many different languages. I have heard Russian, Dutch, German, French, Italian (of course), and more that I don’t even know the names of. The Busses, the restaurants out my bedroom window, carrying my groceries home, walking everywhere, seeing the same building everyday but you still stare like you have never seen it before. Just so much happens right in front of you every day that would never happen in the States. I am going to miss is our studio in Rome so much. Our studio is in one of the most amazing places in Trastevere. There is usually music being performed all throughout the day. At night you hear and see the performances in Santa Maria, you get to know these performers. Even if you find their performances cheesy you still seem to sit and watch. Going back to the states is definitely going to be a big culture shock. I don’t even want to start thinking about it yet. I have 24 days left in Italy and I can’t wait for the memories that await me here in Italy.

No comments:
Post a Comment