The other day was the Pentecost and the very first time I've seen the Pantheon in person. It was amazing! The outside was under going some kind of repair, but it still made for a pretty intense setting. We watched the entire 1 1/2 hour long mass standing but it was well worth it. From
pictures that I've seen of the Pantheon, before seeing it in person, I thought that it wouldn't be that big of a space. I couldn't have been more wrong! The space on the inside was huge and held a huge amount of people.
The best part of the mass was easily the end when fire fighters dropped roses from the opening at the top of the Pantheon dome. It was an incredible and exciting experience that I'll never forget. And being Catholic, it was also a very spiritually moving moment. People standing next to me were in tears when they received communion.
It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to even more amazing things on the trip.
-Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment