
Yesterday was my first time to venture out on my own. It was only for a little while, but it was still exhilarating and nerve racking at the same time. My goal was to discover my two assigned piazzas, Piazza de Santa Caterina della Rota and Piazza de Ricci, in the flesh. I knew they were only a stone's throw from Campo de Fiore, so I navigated my way there first and found the Via di Monserrato tucked in a corner of the piazza.
The closer I got to Piazza de Santa Caterina della Rota the faster I walked. Knowing that I would be able to experience something physically that I had only studied from afar. I peeked around the corner and there it was, my piazza... full of shiny little European cars! Carefully leaving a path to the church doors. I wasn't surprised, but it did cause me to pause, knowing I was finally there.
I enjoyed the better
part of an hour, just taking it in on the church steps... until the pigeons got a little rustled and I decided it would be safer to move.I was pleasantly content knowing that my piazza's were there waiting for me to get to know them... and that I had successfully found them.
No comments:
Post a Comment