May 30, 2010



First week in Rome - check.

My first solo trip into the city from Trastevere was, for sure, an adventure. The hilghly planned and well put together strategy in which I usually approach life, was immediately thrown out the window for my first trip into Rome. It was frustrating, scary, exhilarating and utterly amazing to be lost, with no purpose, in one of the oldest cities in the world. With the bustling traffic, chic Italians, ancient structures and crowded streets all fighting for existence, one is forced to simply observe the chaos in complete awe. After wandering the streets for hours - taking in the smells, sounds, and sights of the city - I made it back home to the quit streets of Trastevere with the same relief as if I was walking into the front door of my childhood home. Great day. Great people. Great experience.

No comments: