May 30, 2010










After the morning tour on Tuesday, we were dismissed to go to our individual piazza’s to investigate. I found mine (19 Tour 3)by heading north and intercepting Via Coronari. The narrow avenue, bordered on either side by high end antique shopping, led me to Piazza San Salvatore. I really like Via Coronari. The antique shops had a some very attractive historical pieces. I also found a nice place that was offering a deal for to fitted suits for 299 euros, which caught my eye. The Cathedral located here is noted to be an excellent example of Palladian inspired work of the renaissance, possibly the greatest example. Unfortunately, the cathedral was not open at this time so I did not get the opportunity to see for myself. Matt tells me that typically the churches are open regular business hours here, which means that they close in the afternoon for a siesta. the museum attached to the church was open, which contained some modern art. I am looking forward to going back and fully exploring the church and my piazza. It is a very comfortable place to relax with excellent views out over the Tiber.

No comments: