June 02, 2007

Wakeful Dreaming



'Ahh bella roma'...the name even captivates an essence of beauty when rolled off the tongue. These past two weeks have flown by in amazing bliss of great company and beautiful sights. I can best describe this feeling as a state of wakeful dreaming.


The reality has finally set in that I am really here…but my eyes are in constant awe and disbelief….a feeling I know will not subside through our duration here. I’ve taken hundreds of pictures so far because I want to remember everything that I’ve experienced. They say that pictures are worth a thousand words…but so far I fear a thousand is not enough to fully describe all that we see each day. This place is truly a ‘see-to-believe’ city!!!
F
O
T
O
S


Beyond my daily delightful experiences more than anything I have really enjoyed the humbling impact of a foreign place. The history of thousands of years of civilization, cultural differences and language barriers is enough to give anyone an awakening into their personal perspectives on life. Within these past couple weeks I can tell how much this program and Rome has already begun to add character and a touch of life to all of us! I should probably call home to tell my family that I’ve found my true Italian love…with Rome that is!!! :)

SKETCHES_________________________________________________________





_______________________________________________________________ciao...

No comments: