June 15, 2007

To Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Sienna and back to Roma

Okay Pops, here's my post!!!
On our first trip, which was non-stop action, we went to Florence, Pisa, Lucca, and Sienna. I was extremely happy to see grass, trees and well, just plant life in general, being from Alaska in all. Because you really don't get that greenery here in Roma, unless you make a journey to Villa Borghese. Anyways, the trip was awesome, i experienced florence from above, which is downright gorgeous and i finally saw the Leaning tower of Pisa. I never would have imagined that i would see the wonderul and marvelous things that i have so far. To think that we still have 5 more weeks here.... yeaaahhhhh babbby!!

So, here is a sketch of florence from above, from the Santa Maria Al Monte!

Here is a sketch from Piazza della SS Annunziata and the awesome leaning Tower of Pisa


While making an exhausting journey to the top of the hills in Florence, i visited this awesome church, Santa Maria Al Monte. Where i sketched this corinthian column and arch! In the background, music and soft, but deep voices were revurberating because a small mass was taking place.


This sketch was done 3 days ago, when our sketching class finally visited Piazza Della Rotunda/ or the Pantheon! Every time we walk by the Pantheon, we walk in it! and yes, my hand started to cramp after this sketch!


Now, we are going to the Beach this weekend, near Spurlunga, it's going to be a fun-filled adventure! Hopefully, jordan doesn't drown or drink too much Sea water, he tends to get too happy! Well.... Ciao, Arrivederci!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh my baby boy....I'm soooo proud of you and your accomplishments...Wish so much I was in Rome with you taking in the sites...Wonderful sketches baby...I love and miss you MUCHA!

xxoo...Mom