This is a portrait of Borromini found in S. Carlo alle Quattro Fontane
While my parents were here they took me out to some amazing Italian restaurants thanks to professor Matt's recommendations. The best restaurant we went to out of the three, was a place called Castanza, not to far from Campo d. Fiori. We enjoyed authentic Italian pasta, veal, lamb, and of course, espresso. Not only is the food and service great, but the ambiance too is awesome. The restaurant is carved into the remains of the ancient remains of Pompey's Theater.
I decided to show my sketches to my parents and of course my dad critiqued them giving me many of the same pointers as Matt had. My dad then persuaded me into trying out some watercolors. After having him show me a few techniques I tried my first watercolor, and for my first time I didn't think it turned out to bad , but of course there is a lot of room for improvement.

This is my first watercolor. I did a quick ink sketch and added a little color on top. It does make the composition much more interesting

Here is my second attempt I'm not sure which one is better. I definitely need more practice.
On the last night with my parents we enjoyed a relaxing evening next to pantheon, listening to an Italian man playing Eric Clapton on his guitar, doing
No comments:
Post a Comment