First blog post of this incredible
adventure and ironically enough it has been exactly one month since I first
arrived. It’s hard trying to think back to all we have done and summarizing a
month into a couple paragraphs. So instead of trying to do that I would like to
focus on one very important topic, FOOD. Okay maybe not only food, but of the
culture that I have been living in.
I am
constantly making connections to my Hispanic culture and I am not entirely sure
if that’s a good or bad thing. I believe it’s good because it lets me compare
this culture to something that I know well and it also reminds me a little bit
of home. Comparing cultures has also helped me feel a little more comfortable
and has allowed me to be a little more out there, especially with trying to
speak Italian.
The highlight, for me, of this
culture has definitely been the love for soccer that people have here. While
here, I have been able to experience two important games. Roma Vs Lazio which
is a derby (rivalry match) as well as the champion’s league final. I could have
easily sat in the apartment and streamed the games online, but that would have
been like watching a game back home. For both games, some of us ventured to the
bars and it was amazing to watch the games in that kind of atmosphere it was
almost as if we were at the game.
It has definitely been a month of
fun, hard work, information overload and experiencing this awesome culture.
What comes next is some more work and hopefully some new discoveries including
a trip to Barcelona!
-Jorge Basulto
No comments:
Post a Comment