July 17, 2011

I can’t say for certain all that I learned from Rome. But I have gained something; I’ve gained perspective, a perspective with a wider field of view. I believe that now when I look at everything from architecture to societies I will be able to better analyze them because of the place that I just lived in. For example, I now better understand how immensely important the link between things like society and architecture are. It is an observation, but one that will alter my way of thinking for the rest of my life. Another thing that I’ve learned is that Rome is an awesome city. That it will take a lot to change that because it is deeply rooted in time and therefore will have maintained its awesomeness for whenever I visit. However, the people I was with, the things I did and was learning can never be duplicated. It’s bittersweet because I’ll want to relive it, but not being able to makes the memoires precious. So thank you everyone, it was a blessing to share it all with you.

No comments: