July 15, 2011

Week Seven: Flroence

Another fun weekend trip away from Roma. We only went for a day so that we could get all of our studio stuff done but we were able to see a lot. It was so much fun! Florence is small unlike Rome, and you are surrounded by medieval buildings and streets. It was just us three girls, so we did a lot of shopping and found a lot of cool leather goods.
One of my favorite parts was seeing David. He is just as epic, if not more so, as you see in photographs. We weren't really allowed to take pictures so we sketched him instead. Set ourselves a time limit of 30 minutes and stuck to it. I think it turned out.
We also saw the Duomo, all of the Galleria Dell'Accadamia, Piazza delle Signoria, and the Ponte Vecchio. Even though it was a short day trip, I am so glad I went. I couldn't imagine leaving Italy and not seeing Florence.

No comments: