May 27, 2011

We are in Rome!



I still can't believe we are actually here. Every day I wake up and feel like I am living in a dream. The sights, sounds, smells, and overall feeling of the city are all better than I ever could have imagined. Seeing monuments for the first time in person is an experience that cannot be described. The sheer size and volume of these spaces is breathtaking while their age and historical content is hard to truly comprehend. With every turn of a corner, there is a new site, building, or space that I want to explore. We haven't even been here a full week and I already feel like I have learned so much. I am so thankful for the experiences that we have had and am so excited for the many more that are to come as our goup grows even closer to one another and to the beautiful city of Rome.

No comments: