May 25, 2011

I still can't believe I'm here in Rome. It's so amazing to be able to personally see and experience what I used to only see in photographs. I have only been here for 4 days but it didn't take long for me to fall in love with this historical city. It's mind boggling, being able to stand, touch and experience buildings, bridges, etc that were once apart of Roman society in the 400's BC.
I love being able to experience all the history and the many different layers that Rome has to offer. It is such a rich and beautiful city and I enjoy learning about it in an architectural context that gives me a deeper meaning and understanding than if I were just a tourist. Being here, is such an amazing opportunity, and I look forward to everything that will happen in the next two months.

1 comment:

Chris Shimpach said...

wonderful!