I’ve noticed that architecture and travelling are easily glorified into something that they are not. This modern building was designed by… in Vegas you can… it seems happen a lot. That’s not the case here in Rome.
A building like The Pantheon may be a well-advertised building, but that’s not where the wonder of it comes from. It is an incredible building because it has functioned for hundreds of years. The Pantheon isn’t talk; it is history someone can still experience… and I think I’m still in shock.
I am floored to be living in Rome. Being a student rather than just a tourist is very rewarding. I enjoy having to shop for food and clean, much like I have to in Moscow, because I’m getting to see a city from a wider perspective. I’m grateful to be part of a program that provides me the time and setting to move past the hype of an exotic place, allowing me to be a part of Rome rather than an observer.
May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment