July 17, 2010

Ciao Roma

I cant believe its over. Two months have flown by like it was nothing. Every day seemed to go by faster and faster. The first week seemed to last forever and I really wish it had. I'll never forget the first walking tour, being twenty minutes late because we thought it would be a good idea to walk back to the apartment and change clothes. Or the first time I saw the Pantheon, talk about an amazing moment. I'll also never forget our nights spent up on the Janiculum Hill, sitting on a wall, watching over St. Peter's. Or the trips to the Vatican, walking through the colonnade, up to the Dome of St. Peter's and just being stunned at the shear size and scale of everything. Then theres Atrani and all the other cities we visited on our field trips. And of course theres the people that I spent the last two months with. We've become a close bunch, all of us. We joke around with each other almost non stop and have countless "classic" one liners. I feel bad for everyone that has to deal with us in studio next fall, because they really wont understand the connection we all now have and all the inside jokes that I'm sure we'll tell. Roma has a very special place in both my memories and heart. Its one of those places you wish so desperately to visit, and then, once your there, you never want to leave. Or when you do leave, you are trying to figure out how to make it back. I cant wait to come back one day and slowly start to remember these last two months, which will make me love this City even more. I'm so lucky to have gotten this amazing chance. Its really been a dream come true. I'll never forget my time spent here and the people that made it special...

Ciao Roma. Until next time...

1 comment:

Matt Boker said...

So true Mike. Nice last words!