While in Pisa we got to hike Cinque Terre and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever. Although I was really sore the next day and am still having ankle issues since Italy in general is hard on weak ankles. The hike was 11 km and most of that was uphill. Down hill was a little scarier though, it was a long way down if you tripped and fell on the stairs. Thank goodness I only did this while walking up the stairs. In the end it was worth all the pain, the sights were beautiful and the people I met were amazing. I would definitely do it again.
Between the first and second towns
The water was so tempting..... especially since it was really hot out (I went through 3 water bottles and that wasn't enough)
After Climbing almost 400 stairs into the 3rd town
Town number 4 where we stopped to eat lunch
Sharing my picture with the world (notice the picture taker didn't know how to use my camera so it focused on the town and not on me)
A fun bridge that we crossed in a nice shaded part of the trail
Sometimes the trail got so narrow it was impossible to have two way traffic so there was a lot of stopping and waiting until a group passed
The inviting beach at the 5th town
1 comment:
Wow, what amazing views! Hope you feel better soon...will red wine kill the germs?
Post a Comment