Week one has been absolutely crazy, I feel like I have finally settled into something of a routine though, and being in a foreign country isn't such a scary thing anymore. Rome is definitely worth the endless traveling. This week we got situated in the city, starting off with a six hour death march, sorry, orientation tour, around the city, and while my feet felt like they were about to fall off by the end, it was worth it. I think that my favorite part was when we rounded a corner and suddenly I was face to face with one of my piazzas. After months spent researching it and falling in love with it, I finally got to see it in person, and I have to say, it was wonderful. I'm going to include a photo here.
My other favorite thing so far has to be attending mass for Pentacost at the Pantheon. I might have had to stand for 2 hours, but the service was beautiful, and I swear I nearly cried when they started pouring rose petals down the occulus at the end of the service. It was so breathtaking, and I'm glad that it was my first experience not only in the Pantheon, but in Rome.
The Pantheon is also beautiful at night though...
We started our studio projects, and i'm interested to see how they'll end up, because right now the idea of creating an in depth piece of work in such a short amount of time is a little daunting to me. I have confidence that we will produce some fantastic work though!
Hopefully this is a good entry, I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with writing here as time goes on. Kinda like writing in a diary I guess, awkward at first, but rewarding over time.
Ciao!
May 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment