May 26, 2013

The First week has come and now it is gone

This first week flew by. After a long day of traveling and then sleeping, getting into the groove of things took a little bit. Sunday was Pentecost and it was the first Catholic mass that I had ever been to. It took place in the Pantheon, which was breath taking within its self and then add to that was the mass and it all just blew me away! On Monday the group took a very long walking tour of 5.5 hours and walked a total of 6 miles. It was a long day, but every step was worth it because every corner that was taken there was something amazing on the other side. Then throughout the week we did a lot of sketching. On the first day of sketching it was frustrating, but by the end of the week I started to feel a lot more confident in the way I sketched and Matt’s pointers really helped as well. This first week was rough in getting settled in but all turned out well in the end.

No comments: