On Thursday, Monika, Herminio and I did our own little walking tour of Rome. We started at the Trevi fountain and it was early enough so there were not many people there. We almost had the fountain to ourselves. We even made our wish that we would return to Rome! We tried to make get into the Trevi museum but I think it was still a little early. Oh and here it is….the biggest disappointment of the trip….the Museum of Pasta was gone! L So instead we decided to head to the Janiculum hill to see “The Tempieto” and see the views of Rome.
I finally ate at McDonald’s. I was way excited thinking that it would be way different and that I would love it…turns out it is exactly the same as home and we ended the day with the Trevi Museum, which was a little bit of a bummer because they had the windows closed because it was so hot out so we did not get to see the back of the fountain, but none the less it was still cool.
Friday started out at 6:00am to do some sketching……still not sure if that was a good idea or not. Herminio and I went to the Campidoglio museum.
And on Saturday, I went to see Michelangelo’s Moses and the Mammertime Prison (which was closed or I just could not find it). The Moses was so amazing. It is still just astonishing to me the work they were able to do with stone! I then figured that it would be a great day to walk up Via Nationale to Termini and back to do some shopping…lets just say that it was really hot…..
It was also fun because throughout the week I had the opportunity to take pictures of things that I wanted to see. We also went out about everynight and got a chance to try a lot of new food. Did a lot of walking…a lot of sweating…but got everything crossed off of my list so it was a great break!
No comments:
Post a Comment