May 25, 2014
First weekend
We had our first tour of the city. While learning how to find our way around Rome, we got to see most of the great landmarks Rome is known for, both tourist sites and Architectural. Surprising enough, one can see (at least me) all the streets and buildings and forget they are in an ancient city, until you turn that next corner and see the ruins. Then I am in pure awe. I start to remember that I am in a location that has been lived in for thousands of years and has been a major leader in the creation of Architecture. It's fascinating to have the opportunity to study here for eight weeks. I'm really looking forward to all of the sketching that we will be doing, for it will allow the city to sink into the mind so much more than any quick picture can do. So let us begin.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment